Paprika is the most used spice in the Hungarian kitchen. Many dishes need a lot of paprika. This gives a deep red color to the food. The famous Hungarian dish, the goulash is the basis for many recipes in Hungary. In this recipe, I show you how a base used for goulash can be used to cook potato. It is a naturally vegan dish, but you can also use some frankfurters or sausages in this recipe. Use a vegan frankfurter if you don’t eat meat and want to add some more flavour to the dish.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato
- half pepper
- 1 kg potato diced
- 3 tbsp paprika
- pinch of salt, black pepper, marjoram
How to make this
- Chop the onion, garlic, tomato, pepper and fry it for a few minutes.
- Add the potato and 1 cup water.
- Add the spices
- Cook for at least 20 minutes
- If you add frankfurters, cook it an additional 5 minutes.