I wanted to make a simple, but healthier version of cookies. I searched for a simple recipe when I found this: Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. This looks good, I was thinking. I don’t have everything at home, but hey it never discouraged me before. It is the perfect opportunity to be inventive and creative. My kind of thing.
So this is what I came up with:
- 1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 2 tbsp water ( this is called a flax egg)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp peanut butter ( or almond butter for an even healthier version)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( or 1 packet of vanillin sugar (you can buy it in Hungary or Germany))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond ( grounded in my food processor)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats ( ground them. food processor rules)
- First, mix the flax meal with the water in a mixing ball (big enough to hold all ingredients) and let it sit a bit
- Add the banana and mash it with a fork
- Add all ingredients in the order of the list, mixing each one of them into the mix with special love and care
- Bake it approx. 15 minutes. It was 200 C in electric oven with fan. Time might vary depending on the oven.
It is especially delicious with a glass of rice milk!